By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, so please read the Policy carefully. If you have any questions about this Policy or our data collection, use and disclosure practices, please contact us at:
HMR Weight Management Services Corp.
99 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02110
or call us at 1-877-501-9257 Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Eastern). We will make an effort to respond to your questions within a timely manner.
The term "personal information" as used throughout this policy means any information that identifies, or is used by or on behalf of HMR to identify, an individual.
What types of information does the Site collect from Site visitors, and how?
HMR collects personal information through the Site when it is provided by Site visitors, such as when you provide your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address to register on certain pages of the Site. We also collect credit and debit card or other payment information from you when you order products through the Site. And if you contact us by e-mail, we will collect your e-mail address and any other personal information you may provide in the e-mail.
In addition, the Site automatically collects certain information about Site visitors’ computers or other electronic devices used to access the Site. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, browser type, date and time of your searches, and information provided by tracking technologies, such as cookies and single-pixel tags. If you use a mobile device to access the Site, we also may collect information about your device, such as your device ID and device type, as well as information about your use of the device to access other online resources. In general, none of this information is "personal information" as defined above.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file that is sent by Web servers to your computer's hard drive, where your Internet browser files are kept. Cookies enable Web sites to store small bits of information on your computer and retrieve that information at a later time. HMR uses two types of cookies: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that are erased from your computer's memory when you close your Internet browser or turn your computer off, and persistent cookies, which exist on your computer's hard drive until they expire, unless you delete them at an earlier time.
What are single-pixel tags?
Single-pixel tags, also known as web beacons or web tags, are graphics that function similar to cookies. Single-pixel tags are not visible because of their small size. They are used to collect information in Web logs that does not identify you personally, such as what Web pages you viewed, which Web sites led you to our Site, and any advertisement you may have clicked on to visit our Web Site. They also are used to determine whether certain promotional or other commercial e-mail messages we send are opened.
You may choose whether or not you want HMR to use tracking technologies to remember you when you visit this Site and/or to provide additional personalized services to you. If you want to limit data collection through tracking technologies, please follow the instructions for "Limiting Tracking Technologies" that are outlined in the section below discussing choices you have under this Policy.
How does HMR use personal information collected through the Site?
HMR uses the personal information it collects through the Site for several purposes, including:
- To fulfill your requests. We will use your personal information to fulfill any orders you request, as well as to send you information you may request about our products and services, including in the form of newsletters, videos, and other resources you have requested.
- To send you confirmations and other administrative communications. We will use your personal information to send you important information, such as order confirmations, updates on order status, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To improve our communications with you. We may use personal information you provide, as well as the non-personal information gathered through the Site’s tracking technologies, to customize and personalize certain of HMR’s online resources and communications for you. For example, HMR may use your personal information to remember your personal preferences and selections; confirm whether you have read or clicked on certain e-mail communications we send to you; and to identify and offer additional services and promotions that we believe you might find interesting.
- For internal business purposes. We also may use personal information about you for our internal business purposes, such as to conduct data and Site usage analysis in order to enhance the design and functionality of the Site; to evaluate options for developing new products and improving our services; and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Site compliance auditing. HMR also may use personal information to audit its online resources for authorized access and security.
Consistent with the terms of this Policy and other applicable privacy notices we have provided, in some cases HMR consolidates and analyzes personal information it collects through the Site with information collected through other channels, such as telephone calls, surveys, other Web sites and other online resources and communications, in order to enhance the quality of services that we offer.
With whom does HMR share personal information collected through the Site?
HMR may share the personal information collected through the Site any of the following third parties:
- Our Affiliates. We may share personal information with our company affiliates so that they may assist in our operations and with legal compliance, as well as for oversight purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with unaffiliated third parties who provide us with services, such as the designer and administrator of the Site, our payment processing vendors, and others who assist us with ordering procedures, technology, data analysis, or similar services.
- Potential or Actual Acquirers or Assignees. HMR may decide for business reasons to reorganize or divest all or a portion of its business through sale, merger, acquisition, or assignment, in which case the personal information we have collected may be shared with actual or prospective purchasers or assignees. We will endeavor to obtain written assurances that personal information will be protected appropriately in these circumstances.
HMR does not share personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes, nor do we allow such parties to collect the personal information of visitors to our Site by tracking such visitors’ usage of our Site over time.
What choices do you have about how HMR collects, uses and discloses personal information?
Submitting Information: You may choose not to submit personal information to HMR online by electing not to enter any personal information into a form or data field on this Site, and by not using any personalized services provided by our online resources. However, you should be aware that some of our online resources are available only to individuals who provide personal information or who use personalized services.
Limiting Uses and Disclosures of Information Collected: If you do submit your personal information to us, you can limit certain of our uses of that personal information by selecting among options provided with respect to such use, either at the time that you enter the information or at a later time. For example, if you have signed up to receive optional e- mail communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications from us in the future by visiting the Web site or other online resource where you subscribed (where available), and updating your e-mail communication selections, or you may follow the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions in the e-mail communications you receive from us. You also may opt out by contacting us using our contact information provided above.
If you do not want us to verify whether you have received or opened e-mail communications we have sent to you, you should opt out of receiving those e-mail communications altogether (using one of the approaches described above), because in some cases we may not be able to turn off e-mail verification.
If you would like to opt out of the cookies used by other companies who deliver e-mail communications on our behalf or place HMR advertisements on other Web sites, you may do so by following the options provided by the Network Advertising Initiative at: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
How does HMR secure personal information?
HMR will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information as it is transmitted from your computer to the Site and our servers, as well as to protect the personal information once we possess it from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Security measures and tools are in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please do not send us information you consider confidential via e-mail. It is your personal responsibility to secure your own copies of your passwords and related access codes for any online resources you choose to use.
How does HMR protect the privacy of children?
Neither this Site nor any other of the HMR Web sites is directed at children. Most of the online services that we offer are designed for individuals who are 18 years of age or older, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under age 13.
How may you access and correct your personal information collected by the Site?
To gain access to personal information about you collected by the Site, and to keep it accurate, complete and current, you may contact us using our contact information provided above. Where permitted by law, your ability to access and correct your personal information will be limited where access and correction would inhibit HMR’s ability to do any of the following: comply with a legal or ethical obligation or to investigate, make or defend legal claims; result in disclosure of personal information about a third party; result in breach of a contract; or entail a disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to HMR or a third party.
How may you pose questions about HMR’s privacy practices?
If you have any questions about this policy or HMR’s practices involving the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, you may contact us using our contact information provided above. We will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly within 10-20 business days. We may contact you for follow-up information and may share your inquiry with persons working for HMR who are responsible for functions related to the subject of your inquiry. Except where required by law, HMR cannot ensure a response to questions or comments regarding any topics unrelated to this Policy or to HMR’s privacy practices.
How will I know whether HMR has updated this Policy?
HMR may update this Policy periodically. If we decide to change the Policy, we will post the revised version of the Policy on this Site, and if the changes we make to the Policy are material, we may also post a notice that the Policy has been updated on the home page of the Site.
This Policy was last updated on October 9th, 2016.