Enjoy the fun of summer without fearing the scale! Pick and choose from these strategies:
- Plan out how many shakes and entrees you’ll need and pack them.
- If flying, put some shakes and entrees in your carry-on, not all of it in your checked baggage. Or ship your foods ahead of time to your destination.
- If staying in a hotel, inquire about a blender and microwave.
- Pack seasonal fruits and easy-to-grab vegetables for road or plane trips.
- Have a double shake prior to a barbecue.
- Contribute a green salad to the meal and bring an entree to pour over the top of your salad. (Try Turkey Chili or Pasta Fagioli.) Or, bring a veggie or fruit tray.
- Go for a walk when dessert is served.
- Take a fruit smoothie to the beach or lake. Keep it cool in an insulated thermos.